Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2007 21:29:42 -0800
From:      "Kevin Downey" <redchin@gmail.com>
To:        Bob <bob@tamara-b.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hairy Cats and mice and FreeBSD

On 1/20/07, Bob <bob@tamara-b.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:36:38 -0800
> "Kevin Downey" <redchin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Xorg -configure now puts:
> > Option     "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
> > in the mouse section by default, which is all I've ever needed to make
> > the scrollwheel work
> >

> You mean work like a scrollwheel, or as the center button of a three
> button mouse? Mine works like the latter, I have yet to have it work as
> a scroll wheel, even though my /etc/X11/xorg.conf contains the very
> same ZAxisMapping.
>
> Bob

hrrrm what is your moused setup like?
my laptop's touchpad has two buttons, so I pass -3 to moused and that
fouls up the third button (either clicking or scrolling I forget
which) when I plugin a usb mouse. I changed the line in /etc/devd.conf
that handles starting moused for usb mice so -3 isn't used and it
works fine.

--
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.