Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:30:01 -0000
From:      "local.freebsd.current" <local.freebsd.current@insignia.com>
To:        "'freebsd-current@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DP2 (I think!) crash booting from floppies

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 11:32:29 -0000, local.freebsd.current@insignia.com
("local.freebsd.current") wrote:

>I got a pair of floppies from:
>
>ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/5.0-20021103-SNAP/floppies
/

>and booted them on a Dell Dimension XPS D300 which is currently
>running 4.7. It's a PII/300 with an Adaptec 2940 SCSI and an
>STB Riva graphics card.

I've now tried a third machine, one whose disk I can overwrite.
This is a PII/400 (MSI 6119 board) with two IDE drives, an IDE
CD, a Kingston (Realtek) NIC and ATI graphics.

I can get as far as FDISK but when I hit A to use the entire
disk, nothing happens. It doesn't respond to the keyboard at
all. Numlock still toggles the light so *something* is there,
but not a lot.