Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:54:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jbarbee@singular.com (John Barbee)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   machine hangs when router goes away

My freebsd box (10.0.0.47) is behind a linux router (10.0.0.3), which as
handles NAT.  Whenever the linux router restarts my machine loses it.
Even when the router comes back up I can't ping the router.  netstat
doesn't really reveal anything.  arp knows about the router although
sometimes it says that the router's hardware address is (incomplete).  Is
this normal behavior for a FreeBSD machine.  Is it so dependent on network
that even icmp doesn't work anymore if the router goes away?

John

please cc me.