Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:18:46 +0800
From:      ronggui <ronggui.huang@gmail.com>
To:        "User Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Standby

Dear Users,

My laptop is ASUS M2Ne, and the OS is FreeBSD 7.0. I would like to
keep my PC standby when it is not in use.  I have noticed a web page
about "FreeBSD on laptops"
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/laptop/article.html). It says
that if I want to figure out if the power management system can
support mine, I have to try every possible option. I wonder if there
is any list telling what models the apm or acpi system supports?

If them can not support the Asus M2Ne, and I want to inquire a related
question. If the laptop is on but not in standby or hibernated mode,
and I want to bring it with me, moving from a room to another from
time to time. Will this action bring damage to my laptop? Should I
always shutdown it before I move it?

Thanks in advance!

--
HUANG Ronggui, Wincent http://ronggui.huang.googlepages.com/