Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:10:56 +0000
From:      Steven Hartland <steven@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel XL710 NVM updating and driver version

The driver in head is outputting a warning to /var/log/messages:
ixl0: The driver for the device detected an older version of the NVM
image than expected.
Please update the NVM image.

Having spent 30mins searching for the FreeBSD utility to perform said
update I'm hitting a dead end so looking for advice on where to find this?

While searching for this I found that the latest driver on Intel's site
is 1.4.8
<https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25160/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-PCI-E-40-Gigabit-Network-Connections-under-FreeBSD->,
in a file named 1.4.5
<https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25160/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-PCI-E-40-Gigabit-Network-Connections-under-FreeBSD-?httpDown=https%3A%2F%2Fdownloadmirror.intel.com%2F25160%2Feng%2Fixl-1.4.5.tar.gz>;
and reporting 1.4.5 so it looks like the wrong version was uploaded on
Intel's download site.

The driver in HEAD is only 1.4.3 so the next question is there a reason
HEAD is behind?

     Regards
     Steve