Date:      24 Feb 1999 10:04:39 +0100
From:      Martin Ostermann <ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        Khaled Daham <khaled@mailbox.telia.net>, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootable CD

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:03:07 +0000 (GMT), Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com> said:
>> I ws just wondering if there is a special tweak to make a bootable CD
>> for alpha. Ive done so for i386, and repeating that procedure didnt work
>> on my alpha, SRM didnt think the CD had a valid bootblock.So has anyone
>> tried ?
[..]
> I think NetBSD has some code for making bootable cds for alphas but I
> don't have the source tree handy right now...

There's also isomarkboot in the aboot package of Linux/Alpha. I once
got it compiled and used on FreeBSD/x86, though it needed some patches,
because it wasn't 32 bit clean, but assumed sizeof(long) == 8. If my
patches didn't make into the source yet, you should be able find them
in the axp-list archive at RedHat (sometimes around summer '96, I
believe).

HTH, Martin
--
Martin Ostermann                | mailto:ost+sig0@comnets.rwth-aachen.de