Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 1997 08:07:46 +0600 (ESD)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C optimizer bug ?

[ the explanation skipped ]

> For the proper stack offset to `b'?  This is a compiler bug."
>
> *That* is the kind of thing that compiler folks can act on.

I was too lazy to do this but if it's going to give any effect
I can do it.

> What you have reported is not, however, and it's almost certainly
> likely to generate no response at all.  That helps neither you nor
> us. :-)

There is at least one useful point: should the optimizer be used for
kernel ? Indeed I got the first bad experience with optimizers
when I wrote my first driver for SCO. Now I know why SCO
does not use optimizer for kernel :-)

-SB