Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:36:32 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Joe Smith <chopsuey1973@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS Problems

On 2002-09-15 14:08, Joe Smith wrote:
> I have created a CVS repository on one machine and set up a user and
> imported a project from another machine just fine. When I try to checkout
> the project using this command:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:cvs@192.168.1.1:/usr/local/cvs checkout myproject
>
> I get this error, any ideas or hints? Thanks
>
> cvs checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
> cvs [checkout aborted]: no repository

Do you, by any chance, happen to be running this in a directory that
includes an existing "CVS" subdirectory?  Try running the following
set of commands, in the order presented:

	# cd /tmp
	# mkdir some-temp-dir
	# cd some-temp-dir
	# cvs -d :pserver:cvs@192.168.1.1:/usr/local/cvs checkout myproject

More importantly, doesn't "pserver" require that you use "cvs login"
first?  I always thought it did, but I haven't used the pserver method
for a while.

Giorgos Keramidas		FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
keramida@FreeBSD.org		http://www.FreeBSD.org/