Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 15:24:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
To:        Guy Middleton <guy@obstruction.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP Laserjet 2100 printer with ghostscript

Guy Middleton writes:
 > On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 10:21:19AM -0400, M. L. Dodson wrote:
 > > Guy Middleton writes:
 > >  > Does anybody have an HP Laserjet 2100 printer working with ghostscript
 > >  > (I'm using version 5.50, compiled in ports directory)?  The margins appear
 > >  > to be wrong, using the "ljet4" device.
 > >  >
 > >  > If not, does anybody know of a ghostscript mailing list?  I
 > >  > could not find mention of
 > >  > one on any of the GS web pages.
 > >  >

 > > I've got one going using ljet4.  No apparent problems.  How are
 > > you diagnosing margin problems?  Maybe I have a problem, but am
 > > clueless.
 >
 > Typically I use mpage to generate a PS file, then pipe it through gs.  mpage
 > draws boxes around text pages in 4-up format, and the line at the top of the
 > page is missing.

Hmm.. No help there, don't use it.  Closest thing I do is use mp
to print news and email from xemacs.  Margins look good there
(seem to be centered left/right, top/bottom).  Could it be that
your paper tray is slightly misaligned?  Do you use teTeX?  If
so, you could look to see whether the setup program gives you
correctly centered pages with the default settings or needs
substantial offsets to be used.
--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790