Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 03:25:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Reinhardt <ctriv@dyndns.org>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>, <ports@FreeBSD.org>, <devel@lists.net-dns.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: p5-Net-DNS-0.14

> 	Are you saying that .21 will go back to 5.005.03 compatibility? If
> so, I can look at updating the port. Otherwise, I don't see much point, as
> the vast majority of freebsd users have that version installed by default
> as part of the base system. I did actually look at updating the port but
> the number of problems with it were too great.
>
> 	If you have questions or concerns about where we are with this, we
> can chat about it directly.

Yep, that is one of the two big changes for .21 (and minor bug fixes).  I
would advise against running .20 on freebsd with the perl version check
removed.  There is a bug in Net::DNS that keeps it from binding UDP
sockets properly on FreeBSD (4.6-RC, an older 4.5-STABLE, 4.4-RELEASE,
etc.. etc..).  All this is cleared up in .21, which should be released
this week.

--
Chris Reinhardt
ctriv@dyndns.org