Date:      Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:14:22 -0400
From:      Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   SRA America, postgres

Hi guys,

I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

I'm the PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst at SRA America, http://sra=
apowergres.com. We're an opensource service and support company for Postgre=
SQL and the BSDs.

As you know, much of the commercial activity going on with FreeBSD and post=
gres, when compared to the likes of Linux and MySQL, is just simply not on =
the business awareness radar. To that end we're trying to rememdy this by n=
etworking with usergroups, such as nycbug.org, and participating on various=
 mail-lists. We're also working with a number of FreeBSD advocates that inc=
ludes the likes of Dru Lavigne, communities (postgresql.org) and opensource=
 initiatives (bsdcertification.org) to create standards compliant coursewar=
e.

We've tied postgres and bsd together for two simple reasons:

1. More than a few of the postgres community (especially CORE) are BSD user=
s.

2. The BSD community is mature with top developers but has a very small bus=
iness support/marketing infrastructure.

These grass roots projects have a common heritage that by their very nature=
 precludes domination by any one corporation. I'd like to think that I'm no=
t the only one when I say that all I want to do is earn money by doing what=
 I enjoy.

Comments?

thanks

=2D-=20
Robert Bernier
PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst
SRA AMERICA (Formerly of One WTC)
PostgreSQL Services:Consulting,Migration,Support and Training
One Penn Plaza, Suite 1910
New York, NY 10119

Tel: =A0212.244.8833 ext:22

www.sraapowergres.com =A0robertb@sraapowergres.com