Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:12:27 +0100
From:      Philip Payne <philip.payne@uk.mci.com>
To:        Cristi Tauber <cristi.tauber@sbhost.ro>
Cc:        FreeBSD Question <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: pf for FreeBSD

Hi,

I'm not sure of the dates of when 5.2.1 was released to tell you for sure
whether pf is available in the kernel or not. I only started using 5.x when
5.3-Beta was released and pf has always been available in kernel for me.
Never used the port.

To check if pf is installed/available you could try the command line via
which pf is configured i.e. # pfctl -sa  (i.e. show all currently configured
options for pf).

To check if its available in the base system you could try configuring a
kernel with the devices in my previous email and see if they're accepted.

Thanks,
Phil.