Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:49:52 -0800
From:      clark shishido <clark@ruminary.org>
To:        Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: iPod recognized

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 01:38:41AM -0500, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Very nice!  Any opinions on a good, cheap firewire card?
>
> Has anyone had a go at IDE CDRs connected via the Oxford911 IDE->FW
> chipset?

I just got the cheapest one I could find a PCI 3 port at $25.
It has a Via chipset but the firewire folks say that most of
the common cards will just work.

I succesfuly am using a 2.5" IDE exclosure with the Oxford 911
chipset with my firewire card. I'm still experimenting with
filesystems though; I want to use UFS between my work machine
(FreeBSD/i386) and home machines (right now only my Macs have
Firewire). I want UFS so my unix utilities can preserve
ownership and permissions as I transfer files, but it my just
end up being a FAT32 transfer disk.

--clark