Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:10:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        peppe@charon.cs.uoi.gr (Spyros Melissovas)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Promise FasTrack66 IDE RAID controller

It seems Spyros Melissovas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is any kind of support for the Promise FasTrack66
> IDE RAID controller

We support it already as a normail ATA controller...

> AFAIK the controller needs a driver which will use the made-up disk geometry
> instead of the individual disks attached to it.
>
> Is anybody in the process of developing something for this controller?

I have some submitted patches lying around, and have gotten info from
HighPoint how they do their version of the SW RAID stuff. I'm working
on getting this done generically and cover both the Promise and the
HPT chips, and any other ATA controllers for that matter...

Watch this space for further announcements...

-Søren