Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 16:15:21 +0100
From:      Simon N Atkin <simat@enta.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Routing IPX via FreeBSD

Hello,

I've been trying to route IPX between two networks
using a FreeBSD box with 2 NICS.  Is this possible ?

The reason for this is that I want to IPFW the IP traffic
(this is fine) but there are W95 boxes on each side of the
network sharing resources over the IPX protocol.

I've compiled my kernel for option IPX and have
ipxgateway and ipxrouted enabled, but still no joy.

Is freebsd IPX documented anywhere ?

Anyone know if this will work, or have the answer to
my routing problem.  Basically I just want this box to pass
IP and IPX between interfaces.

Cheers

Simon Atkin <simat@enta.net> :)
Enta Technologies Ltd, UK.