Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 11:29:11 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@freebsd1.cimlogic.com.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        cjs@portal.ca, tlambert@primenet.com, jim.king@mail.sstar.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha port..

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> Really?  Is that working again?  I can think of more than one ALPHA
> owner who would switch to NetBSD in a heartbeat (from Linux/ALPHA) if
> they could only run the DUX version of Netscape.  Everything I've seen
> on my NetBSD 1.3 sources indicates that this feature is currently
> disabled and broken, however.  Do you know something I don't? ;-)

I was surprised by that comment too. OSF/1 compatibility was a problem
when I first started using NetBSD/Alpha. Since OSF/1 becoming DU and
NetBSD/Alpha moving to ELF, I haven't seen any changes that improve
that situation. [I'll admit, though, that I missed quite a few things
last year. 8-)].

Regards,

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org; jb@freebsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137