Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:52:46 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Alexey Chuprinin <walker@mb.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        walker@mb.ru
Subject:   QIC-80 or floppy tape support

Hello!

I try to use my old Conner 420r that described in Handbook.
But I can't. I've do:
include in kernel configuration file string
tape ft0 at fdc0 drive 2
then rebuild kernel, install it and reboot
In `dmesg' report there is no reference to device ft0. :(
Moreover, when I try to find reference to this device in kernel
sources I found only /sys/sys/ftape.h
But this header file is not included in any source.
So my question is:
Does FreeBSD support QIC-80?
If so where I failed?

If it not may be the Handbook needs to be corrected?

Thanks. Sincerely yours, Alexey.

P.S. I bag your pardon for my bad english.