Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:15:14 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: load spike strangeness

At 6:45 AM -0600 2000/1/10, Joe Greco wrote:

>  We have a new existential proof, "I'm archived, therefore I am"!  :-)

	Absolutely!  I just may not be the person I'm claiming that I am,
although I believe that we have reasonably strong evidence that I am
the same person I've been claiming to be for ten to fifteen years
(I'm not sure how far back some of the reasonably reliable archives
go), and that in that time I haven't switched either humans or
claimed personas.  ;-)

>  Seriously, Brad, I'm not convinced that you're anything more than a
>  complex PERL program until I meet you in person.

	Pictures won't suffice?  Attestations to my existence from some
notable individuals who've actually met me in person won't suffice?
Or do they automatically get sucked into my hyper-real simulated
universe at the time they meet me, and therefore they're now
simulated constructs as well?  ;-)

	If the latter is the case, then you had better watch out during May....

>                                                    Particularly since
>  you seem to have more time and energy to spend posting to Usenet and
>  mailing lists than anyone else I know.  ;-)

	Oh, I can name more than a few "individuals" who have a lot more
time and energy on this subject than I do, and some of them seem to
be almost as verbose as I am!  ;-)

	Of course, this is totally off-topic for -current, so I'm moving
it to -chat.

|o| Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>            Belgacom Skynet NV/SA |o|
|o| Systems Architect, News & FTP Admin      Rue Col. Bourg, 124   |o|
|o| Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.11.11/12.49         B-1140 Brussels       |o|
|o| http://www.skynet.be                     Belgium               |o|
  Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.
   Unix is very user-friendly.  It's just picky who its friends are.