Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:58:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Luke Dean <LukeD@pobox.com>
To:        "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: working 8.0 minimal nanoBSD config?

> Hi,
>
> Anyone out there have a working config for a minimal nanoBSD setup?

<snip>
I recently used nanobsd on 7, but I gave up on trying to decipher what
all the WITHOUT_BLAH and NO_FOO knobs did, so my approach isn't minimal.
I did spot one potential problem in your configuration however.  See
below.

> #configuration for building a Soekris DNS server
>
> NANO_NAME=SoekrisDNS
> NANO_IMAGES=1
> NANO_KERNEL=SOEKRIS
> NANO_DRIVE=ad1
> #NO_PMAKE="make -j 3"
> NO_PMAKE="make"

I think you've got a typo here.  It's "NANO_PMAKE".
I don't know if this is what's causing the problem.