Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 00:11:17 +0000
From:      Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
To:        Urban Olsson <Urban.E.Olsson@telia.se>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modified FreeBSD gateway

Urban Olsson wrote:

> is a little bit like a NAT but I want to be able to do it differently and on
> my own terms. I guess that this means that I would be forced to rewrite the
> gateway source-code so it behaves as I want it to. So the problem now is

Hmm, certainly you can use the divert(4) with ipfw. But I wonder
what you are trying to do? There are so many things that you can
do just using the right tool that already exists without writing
from scratch. Would you mind telling us what you want to accomplish?

regards
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistent Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine