Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:25:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Motif and XFree86?

Hey folks,

I've got a question or two on the Xig stuff that maybe somebody here can
help with.

I've got:
	(1)  Xig AcceleratedX server
	(2)  Xig Motif

Now...I've already seen how the Xaccel server can trash my XFree86 tree so
I can't compile ports anymore.  (Instances of "GNUmalloc" seem to have
been sprinkled somewhere in my tree, and I think that happened to
something in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config...but I haven't verified that.
(I'm going on Satoshi's comments claiming this is the case.)

So, I already have a buggered XF86 tree.  Can I fix this by copying the
config/cf/* files from the extracted XFree86 port over that?

Also, next I want to install Motif.  I have no need for mwm or any of that
stuff, I only want to be able to compile Motif Applications.  This is a
two-headed question...(a) Can I just install the development stuff, and
(b) how do I fix the conf files after this?

I'm asking here rather than Xig because it seems clear that the ports
building machine has found a way around all this.  What's the trick?

Thanks,

Brian