Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 2002 00:34:19 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kalle <karlsv@telia.com>, <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: missing dependencies in some gnome ports

On 03/03/02 09:06, "Kalle" <karlsv@telia.com> wrote:
> I was trying to build xmms today, and found that some dependencies was
> missing in some gnomeports.

You don't indicate what ports/packages you had previously loaded, but
nonetheless:

> bonobo-1.0.19:
>       need ORBit 0.5.12 or later
>       need oaf 0.6.7 or later

Has both dependencies covered.  Try make all-depends-list, and you will see
that both ORBit and oaf are included.  We do not (yet) have
version-dependency implemented, so if you have older versions of these
dependent ports installed, the checks will work, but build will fail.

> gtkhtml-1.0.1:
>       need gconf 1.0.7 or later

See above.

> gnomecore-1.4.0.6_1:
>       need gnome-libs (no ./configure check!)

See above.  Implied by USE_GNOMECTRL which implies USE_GNOMELIBS, which
brings in x11/gnomelibs.

I think it's time that I started working on specific version-dependency
code, after I commit the megapatch to move stuff into DIST_SUBDIR=gnome and
USE_BZIP2 where possible.

-aDe