Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:18:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rashim Gupta <guptar@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        Rashim Gupta <guptar@cs.rpi.edu>
Subject:   Etherjet card on IBM Thinkpad 600E

I am trying to install FreeBSD 5.2.1 on an IBM Thinkpad 600E. I am having
a problem configuring the IBM EtherJet Cardbus network card and am unable
to connect to the network. After doing some research on google, I modified
my /boot/loader.conf to have:

hw.ata.atapi_dma="1"
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"
hw.cbb.start_memory="536870912"
apm_load="1"

I also modified my /etc/rc.conf to include:
devd_enable="YES"
pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_ifconfig="YES"

After doing this FreeBSD does recognize the card and when I type an
ifconfig, I do see the network card. However, I do not get an IP address
assigned to me. On doing a "dhclient dc0" (dc0 is my device name for the
etherjet card) I get an error "dc0: watchdog timeout". How can I configure
my card to get an IP address using DHCP.

I have not built a custom kernel. Do I need to build one, and if yes what
would be the kernel config file values?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rashim