Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:59:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        Tomas Svensson <tsn@gbdev.net>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD performing worse than Linux?

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> genius(laptop)/aue0 usb ethernet. (-current)
> |
> 10 base half duplex hub
> |
> 10 base half duplex hub
> |
> transwarp(dual processor server)/fxp0 onboard ethernet. (-stable).

I'm going to blame the USB ethernet driver for dropping packets; Thomas
Zenker has been reporting similar problems on -net.  He says that he did
not have problems with packet loss with 4.3, but has not been able to
track down what changed.  Maybe you could compare notes with him and see
what you can come up with.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack