Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:41:26 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Phelip Cray <phelipc@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security level x X server

Phelip Cray <phelipc@yahoo.com> types:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I hope you are doing fine.
>
> Here is my question:
>
> I had freedSd installed on my box, had X running just
> fine. Then when I set the security level ( in the
> sysnstall ) to a higher level of security I could not
> have X to run anymore. It aborted its initialization.
>
> I tryed to reset the security level, to medium ( what
> was originally set ) but X still does not work.
>
> Is there anyway I get X back running?

Yes. You have to lower the security level. You can't lower the
security level on a running system, so you have to reboot.

> Could anybody help me out?

Well, if you set the security level "by hand" on the running system,
just reboot. If you set it in /etc/rc.conf or some such, you'll have
to reboot to single user mode, "mount -u /", then undo whatever you
did to enable the higher security level.

	<mike