Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:07:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
Subject:   Re: Wordpress outputs an empty page after ports upgrade

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Yuri wrote:

> You are really reading much more into my message than was actually put there.

That's not hard to do. :)  I chose to read that part of your message as
if you had said, "Dear FreeBSD ports committers. In trying to contact
the maintainer to report the problem I'm seeing with wordpress the
e-mail that I sent to him bounced. Knowing the hard work that you
already put into the ports system, and appreciating the consistently
high standards with which you do this work, I am sure that you would
want to know about this problem, and take steps to rectify it at your
earliest convenience."

Now I'm _not_ suggesting that every user who pings us about a bouncing
e-mail address should have to write it out like that. But considering
that I was lucky enough to have been born in the place whose language
has become the more or less "lowest common denominator" for
communication on the Internet I choose to always give people the benefit
of the doubt. That's also why my own messages tend to be overly verbose,
in that I try to make sure that I'm communicating in a way that cannot
be misunderstood (even though I frequently fail).

hth,

Doug

 			-- Pablo Picasso