Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 1997 00:34:36 +0900 (JST)
From:      Naoki Hamada <nao@sbl.cl.nec.co.jp>
To:        dfr@nlsystems.com
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is the vx driver supposed to work at 100Mbps?

Doug Rabson writes:
>My new machine had one of these in it and performance for 100Mbps ethernet
>was abysmal.  I only got 50k/sec for ftp transfers.  Luckily I happened to
>have an Intel card lying around (6Meg/sec) but it would be nice to get the
>3com card working since there are huge numbers of them being sold all over
>the place.

Some 3C905 actually shows astonishingly poor performance with the vx
driver. Since 3com still does not provide me its technical reference
manual, its support is only experimental. They say `Only internal
notes which are not distributable to unfamiliar people are present.'
Their mails are sincere enough to believe it, so what I can do is only
to wait :-<

- nao