Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:22:10 -0500
From:      "Gray, David W." <David_W_Gray@tvratings.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Current list'" <FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Rc2 install

I've come to the conclusion that the -current stuff really doesn't install
on an 8 Meg machine anymore. I have an old 486/66 machine I'm using
to play with the current-RC's, and it consistantly dies loading the 'bin'
stuff.

This isn't really a complaint -- after the load & boot cycle, there is only
2.4M free according to the boot messages, so I can see why this would
fill up. (I wound up loading the drive on another box that usually drives my
printer, 386/25 and 24M, talk about S.L.O.W). And it can't quite compile a
kernel in one go, either.

Perhaps the release notes, or hardware file need to note you really do need
more than 8M ?