Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:38:31 +0100
From:      Oliver Braun <obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>
To:        sobomax@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/36028: cannot build gnomevfs with gettext WANT_FULL_GETTEXT

Hi Maxim,

> The problem is that WANT_FULL_GETTEXT knob is provided for developers
> only, who know what they do. For all others, it just going to break many
> things. Therefore, please deinstall gettext-0.10.40, rebuild it without
> WANT_FULL_GETTEXT and reinstall. After that you should be fine.

Ok. I got this, but as Udo Schweigert has pointed out already [1] on
this list:

> I just run portupgrade wihich updated gettext to 0.10.40. Unfortunately this
> port now does not build the shared libraries by default, you have to turn
> it on via the WANT_FULL_GETTEXT knob.
> Because I hadn't a working libintl after that upgrade other portupgrades
> e.g mozilla, failed because configure did not detect the libintl.

So I just want to point out that turning on WANT_FULL_GETTEXT could
cause other problems.

Is it recommended to have both gettext-0.10.40 and gettext-0.10.35
installed?

Regards,
         Olli

1. Message-ID: <20020316083402.GA68217@alaska.cert.siemens.de>