Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:31:07 -0500
From:      John Adams <jadams01@sprynet.com>
To:        <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New installation: Hanging when trying to dial out

On Monday, January 12, 2004, at 09:59 PM, fbsd_user wrote:

> It would be a whole lot more helpful if you posted your ppp.conf
> and the ppp.log of your last test

I may have to type this in--I'm unable to mount the floppy drive, and
MAKEDEV is telling me "bad unit for disk in: fd*" for each /dev/fd*.
Should I consider this a second message to me saying, you have weird
hardware, and give up? I'd rather not. Perhaps I have a different
problem to work with first, getting the floppy mounted so I can write
logs to it. Advice?

> Explain how you know FBSD has found your modem and can connect to
> it.

Perhaps it hasn't--the last thing in the ppp.log is:

ppp[116]: tun0 : Command: /dev/tty: set device cuaa0

That's from the interactive mode entry. From the auto mode entry, the
last listing is:

ppp[116]: tun0: Phase: PPP Started (auto mode)

All the best,

	John A