Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:00:09 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, spil.oss@gmail.com
Cc:        Michael <bsdannounce@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems with IPv6-less kernel and world

On Saturday 10 February 2007 17:08, Spil Oss wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Well, actually I'm proposing a change to the GENERIC kernel and
> make.conf.example to add to the comment that one should add
> WITHOUT_IPV6 to the make.conf if you enable NO_INET6.
>
> That sounds to me like something completely different than contacting
> all port-maintainers.

even if ipv6 is a real situation it is not the standard, ipv4 is, then, eve=
n=20
if ipv6 is some network's standard it is not a global standard, ipv4 is

certainly then, it makes no sense that ipv6 is the default, neither for=20
applications nor for the kernel

also certain then is that ipv6 is an ADDITIONAL option and who wants it, ne=
eds=20
to enable it, either for applications as for the kernel, not the inverse=20
situation as today

but this is not only a FBSD wiredness but a general confusion  ...

but so far as it matters to FBSD it is funny how many core/OS parts simply=
=20
ignore NO_INET6 even if set ...=20

=2D-=20

Jo=E3o