Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:22:10 +0100
From:      Eric Veraart <eric@monkey-online.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Headless server needs atkbd, atkbdc and vga

Hello,

How come a custom kernel build, for a server without a keyboard or monitor,
fails when atkbd0, atkbdc0 and vga0 are not in the kernel config? Somehow
some parts of the kernel needs functions from one of these. But I don't
have a keyboard nor monitor available on my server. I guess the thought
never crossed someone's mind that someone had such a config :)
But with the rise of blade servers I think this is something people should
keep in mind.

Greetings,
Eric