Date:      Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:29:32 -0700
From:      Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>
Subject:   change to /usr/include/osreldate.h breaks ports x11-servers/xorg-server

--VkVuOCYP9O7H3CXI

Hi, guys.

I don't know if you noticed this, but there was a recent commit to
src/include/Makefile (cvs version 1.247) that changed the generated file
/usr/include/osreldate.h by adding a prototype for the function
getosreldate().

This breaks compilation of x11-servers/xorg-server and I would guess a
bunch of other X ports.  In x11-servers/xorg-server the problem is that
config/cf/FreeBSD.cf includes that file, apparently assuming that
everything in it is a C preprocessor directive.  The new prototype
results in Makefile.proto files that make does not accept in various
places in the config directories during make config of the port.

This seems a little complex for me to produce a patch for.  You all may
have to negotiate with the committers to remove the prototype or to add
more complexity to the X configuration stuff to filter that prototype
out.  Not a decision I'm comfortable suggesting a path for.

I'm happy to provide more info if you need it.

Thanks.

--=20
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.=