Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:36:05 +0100
From:      "Jan Stocker" <jstocker@tzi.de>
To:        "Alexander Kabaev" <ak03@gte.com>, "Martin Blapp" <mb@imp.ch>
Cc:        <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, <imp@village.org>, <edhall@weirdnoise.com>, <kris@obsecurity.org>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>, <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, <edhall@screech.weirdnoise.com>
Subject:   RE: gcc -O broken in CURRENT

So now i am a little bit confused... State of the art:

1) Bug is in -stable and -current
   --> This means possible patches only in -current arent responsible for
       this behaviour
2) Bug is in os delivered gcc but not in port gcc.
   a) port has more or less patches / os gcc has been modified
      --> Didn't someone told they are the same?
   b) other options were set at compile time
      --> Why dont change to the same in the port?
          Leads it to a broken world?
          If the only difference is the lost of binary compatibility,
          i would say, ok... do it now and we'll need to compile
          or ports...