Date:      Sat, 04 Apr 1998 18:11:41 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        =?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI errors with latest -current

Well, based on the hot potato principle I guess my changes are still
suspect, although I cannot see any reason why they should be affecting
this.

Yell at me if you find that the latest round of patches are causing this.

If the devices are on the same controller, the cable & termination could
be suspected (as well as the controller of course).

Poul-Henning

In message <19980404193439.51330@nagual.pp.ru>, =?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= writes:
>With latest -current I start to get this sort of errors for my several
>SCSI drives. Since they started at once for several drives, I suppose it
>is not hardware problem. Any ideas?
>
>sd1: SCB 0x5 - timed out while idle, LASTPHASE == 0x1, SCSISIGI == 0x0
>SEQADDR = 0x4 SCSISEQ = 0x12 SSTAT0 = 0x5 SSTAT1 = 0xa
>Ordered Tag queued
>Ordered Tag sent
>sd1: SCB 0x5 - timed out while idle, LASTPHASE == 0x1, SCSISIGI == 0x0
>SEQADDR = 0x5 SCSISEQ = 0x12 SSTAT0 = 0x5 SSTAT1 = 0xa
>sd1: Queueing an Abort SCB
>sd1: Abort Message Sent
>sd1: SCB 5 - Abort Tag Completed.
>sd1: no longer in timeout
>
>--
>Andrey A. Chernov
>http://www.nagual.pp.ru/~ache/
>MTH/SH/HE S-- W-- N+ PEC>+ D A a++ C G>+ QH+(++) 666+>++ Y

"Drink MONO-tonic, it goes down but it will NEVER come back up!"