Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 1997 10:44:44 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   For your consideration, re-written "Upgrading from source" page

Howdy,

	I needed an up to date set of instructions that I could refer people to
that explains in detail how to do a make world upgrade. I started with
the current page on www.freebsd.org, and rewrote parts and added parts,
and I think what I've come up with is pretty solid. I also added some
small scripts I've written that greatly ease the process of upgrading
the various files in /etc and other places from /usr/src/etc.

	If anyone would like to examine what I've got, I'd be very interested
in hearing from you. The page is at
http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/upgrade.html. There is a mailto: tag for
me at the very end of the page. Of course, if the project is interested
in incorporating any of my stuff into what's there now, I would be happy
to oblige, just let me know what I need to do (or just rip the page :).
One word of warning, HTML is not my strong suit, so although I think
it's pretty clean, please be merciful about any errors in that area.  I
am very interested in comments regarding the content however, since
whether anyone outside my group uses it or not, there are people
depending on it (till someone comes up with something better :).

Happy holidays,

Doug