Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:19:25 +0200
From:      Tom Fischer <tfischer@rain.fr>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Userbase of -current

Add a data point for me using -current on my laptop in order to take
advantage of cardbus support (thanks Warner!).  I update about once every
two months, and so far my systems has been running flawlessly.

All our other FreeBSD systems (~60) are running various incarnations
of -stable...

regards,

tom

tfischer@rain.fr

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.31.0107181600140.14968-100000@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET> Vincent Poy writes:
> :       Somehow I always thought there were more than 50 people who are
> : "really running" current.  We do stress test it though and it had
> : performed flawlessly over the past 8 years.  Question though, does anyone
> : happen to know what the largest maxusers variable is that one can define
> : in the kernel config file?  We have it at 512 but what's the highest
> : number people have used reliably?  Thanks.
>
> I've had at least 50 different people talk to me about NEWCARD, which
> is only available in current...
>
> Warner

Thomas Fischer
Sr Manager:          Systems & Applications Support Paris
&equant - Global Service Operations - Customer Operations Support
Tour Mattei - 207, rue de Bercy - 75012 Paris France
Tel: +33 1 53 44 08 03                    tfischer@rain.fr
Fax: +33 1 53 44 08 46            thomas.c.fischer@equant.com