Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 21:59:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dan Williams <dan@bigw.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   network cards

Hi,

Please respond to my address, dan@bigw.org, as I am not on this list.

I have recently put together a FreeBSD machine, and had some problems with
networking.  First, I had 2.2.2 on it, and used an Infotek NE2000
compatible network card.  Everything was connected fine, and link lights
wer glowing.  But the device timed out, as in ed1: kenel/device timeout.
This happened with a number of different NE2000 compatible cards.

Next, I put on 2.2.5 with a 3Com 3C509.  This was connected, but there was
no link light on the hub it was connected to.  It also froze the machine
when running an Ifconfig on the ep0 driver.  We are running 10BaseT.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan Williams