Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 13:34:09 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Hans Petter Bieker <zerium@webindex.no>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/skel dot.profile

Hans Petter Bieker wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Jun Kuriyama wrote:
>
> >   Modified files:
> >     share/skel           dot.profile
> >   Log:
> >   Sync PATH variable with 'dot.login'.
> >
> >   I think here is not my area so feel free to back this out when any
> >   troubles are happened.
>
> Why set PATH in dot.profile in the first place? Shouldn't
> /etc/login.conf and/or ~/.login_conf take care of that?

	Actually I've been working on proposing something similar for a while,
but it's a low priority for me right now. I do agree though, given that
we have a login.conf setup some of our profile/login scripts need to be
rethunk.

Doug
--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network        ***
***   Proud designer and maintainer of one of the world's largest