Date:      14 Oct 97 14:06:27 +0100
From:      leifn@swimsuit.roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   boot-manager control

I have a pc, which I need to run both dos and fbsd.

Is it possible to alter the default system, the machine boots with, instead of "press F1 for Dos, F3 for FreeBSD", so I have to be around?

I want to from a cronjob say "set_next_boot_to dos", then reboot.

Then from dos, I can't run fbsdboot, because of some resident drivers.
So there I want to from an event do "set_next_boot_to freebsd"
Well, that could be arranged by clever moving of conflict.sys and autoexec.bat, and then doing fbsdboot...

But as said: can the default startup-system from the booteasy be controlled from fbsd and/or dos?

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---