Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 09:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-STABLE panics when playing DVD's

:
:I just cvsupped to the latest stable (from a -STABLE of 2 months ago) and now
:when I use vlc, or mplayer to play dvd's FreeBSD panics and reboots. I traced
:the panic but since I don't have a whole lot of time to sit here on the
:computer and trace kernel panics, I went the lazy man's route and checked out
:a source tree from a month ago. That kernel still had the same problem, so I
:checked a source tree out from 2 months ago, and low and behold the problem
:is gone. I'm still working on figureing out the exact commit that caused the
:problem, and when I find out, I'll let everyone here know, but I just thought
:that someone might already know which commit did it once I mentioned the
:general time the commit occured. Anyway, Just wanted to let everyone know.
:
:Ken

    Try turning off vfs.vmiodirenable.  If that's the problem I'll change
    the default back to 0 and and try to reproduce the problem here.

						-Matt