Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:08:52 +0100
From:      "Rene Ladan" <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
To:        "Manolis Kiagias" <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] Committers guide: replace CVS by SVN where appropiate

2008/11/9 Manolis Kiagias <sonic2000gr@gmail.com>:
> Rene Ladan wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the current version of the Committers Guide (1.278 2008-08-16 21:42:35
>> pgj)
>> uses CVS for everything, but as of last June the src repository uses SVN.
>>
>> I can write a preliminary patch for the article if you want me too.
>
> That would be nice :)

Nobody seems to object (or I'm too fast concluding it ;) ), so I'll
start working on a
patch after I've finished the translation of the "Contributing to
FreeBSD" article.

Keep an eye on //depot/projects/docproj_nl/... in perforce for progress.

>> I think
>> it would be possible to just refer to the wiki in some cases.
>
> IMHO, it would serve better if the guide is self contained, so someone can
> print it and keep as reference without having to resort to the wiki. Though
> the wiki should appear as a link of course.

Sound ok to me.  I think the Committers Guide should cover the basic/common
operations, the more exotic ones can be in the wiki.

Regards,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)