Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 20:09:27 +0200 (EET)
From:      Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD dead ?

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I am sure of the FreeBSD Projects intentions but like the previous post
> > things can 'turn ugly fast with the greatest intentions' The fact a
> > for-profit company controlling it's movements is cause for concern.
>
> How many different ways can we say this?  THE COMPANY DOES NOT CONTROL
> THE FREEBSD PROJECT'S MOVEMENTS.  It can't!

Heh.

Are you sure arguing with them isn't futile? For some reason, they have
taken upon to bear a banner (and a big one at that) with the lettering
"*WE* will stand up for poor little FreeBSD, if nobody else does". Not
even thinking if FreeBSD needed standing up for, was poor, or for that
matter little.

Think of them as of people who watch "Tom and Jerry" and then start
organising pickets in front of governement buildings bearing banners
"Don't let mice exterminate cats!"