Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:24:28 -0500
From:      listS+freebsd-security@niss.com
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Host's df/mount information exposed inside jail. Why?

	Kudo's to Poul-Henning Kamp, Robert Watson, and company
	for jails. I just made the time to create my first one and
	it was much easier then I expected. (More disk intensive
	then I expected too, but that's another story.)

	My question is about df and mount. I was surprised to find
	both commands revealed information from the host environment.
	In checking the mail archives I see this is not a local
	problem so I assume it is deliberate. Does anyone know why
	this choice was made? Also, is there any way to disable
	it?

		Thanks,

		   Scott