Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 01:40:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      nicholas cole <nick@cornfed.digitalwest.net>
To:        freebsd_questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   userconfig saving settings in freebsd 4.0r

Is userconfig in freebsd 4.0r supposed to save its settings?

I'm looking at 4.0-RELEASE/HARDWARE.TXT and it says "Once
FreeBSD is installed, it will remember the changes made
using UserConfig, so that they only need be made once."

Now I don't know if something's wrong on my systems, but
none of the changes are ever permanent!  Am I doing
something wrong here?

--
nicholas cole