Date:      Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:22:16 -0300
From:      Patrick Tracanelli <eksffa@freebsdbrasil.com.br>
To:        Jeff Mohler <speedtoys.racing@gmail.com>
Cc:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xsan (Apple) on FreeBSD

Hello Jeff,

Jeff Mohler wrote:
> Im yet to hear of a large Xsan install that stayed Xsan once it grew.
>
> Most, if not all, have gone to netapp or umm..Isilon (spelling) that ive
> been close to.   Latest large dump of Xsan that I know of was Current TV
> in San Francisco, for Isilon.

Hmm, good to know. I have tested XServe RAID only, which has shown to be
a good solution as storage system for the usage profile I need, but
Xsan, never saw it working. Believed it to be the usual path to follow,
but have hear of people running Stornext instead of xsan.

So, now my question goes on a different path. Will Isilon OneFS run
FreeBSD? I head from people at Zoic Studios it is based on FreeBSD, but
I am not sure how true this information is. Anyway, "based on" wont
always mean fully compatible.

Are you aware of OneFS running on FreeBSD?

Thanks Jeff.

--
Patrick Tracanelli

FreeBSD Brasil LTDA.