Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 1997 15:25:06 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        mark@quickweb.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world error in RELENG_2_2

In article <19970620160235.20002@vinyl.quickweb.com>,
Mark Mayo  <mark@quickweb.com> wrote:
> > [SNIP]
> > for discussion in the non-existent CVSup FAQ. :-)
>
> Or even the man page. Even a quick mention that cvsup won't delete
> files that it doesn't "own" would be good.

Well, it's always a mistake to defend your own man page, but still I'll
point out that cvsup(1) does say this:

   In general, CVSup deletes only files which are known to the
   server.  Extra files present in the client's tree are left
   alone, even in exact mode.  More precisely, CVSup is willing
   to delete two classes of files:
   o   Files that were previously created or updated by CVSup
       itself.
   o   Checked-out versions of files which are marked as dead on
       the server.

John