Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 1995 13:35:30 +0000 ()
From:      Brian Tao <taob@aries.ibms.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        moto@CS.cmu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AHA2940 support on 950322-SNAP

On Sun, 26 Mar 1995 moto@CS.cmu.edu wrote:

> Thanks for all who are involved in the development of FreeBSD!! As
> announced, the support for AHA2940 in 950322-SNAP has been greatly
> improved. It now works when the machine even cold-boots and I no
> longer need to disalbe "disconnection" switch in SCSIselect. But there
> seems to be several problems unsolved.

    I am going to install the latest snapshot on a Pentium equipped
with an AHA-2940 controller.  Did the boot floppies have the correct
driver on them or did you have to compile your own kernel and floppy
image?  I found the appropriate source code in the 950322 kernsrc
distribution, but nothing about how to incorporate the aic7xxx driver
into a working kernel.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org