Date:      Tue, 25 May 2004 22:07:37 -0400
From:      jason <jason@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   using a mic

I have teamspeak and would like to talk with my friends on freebsd.
Everything appears good but my mic is not recording, or teamspeak is not
getting audio.  Anyone outthere use there might with a voip that can
tell me how they do it?
Thanks,
Jason

Here's some info:
$ cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Nvidia nForce2> at io 0xc000, 0xb000 irq 12 bufsz 16384 kld
snd_ich (1p/1r/0v channels duplex default)

$ mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  68:80
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer rec      is currently set to  80:80
Mixer ogain    is currently set to  50:50
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer phin     is currently set to 100:100
Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer video    is currently set to  75:75
Recording source: mic