Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 1995 09:53:01 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world on FreeBSD-stable impossible. cc1: ... signal 11

> >Someone with a working -stable here ?! Since weeks unable to
> >get a FreeBSD release compiled without that messages like:
> >
> >internal compiler error .... signal 11 ...
> >
> >Started with 2.0.5R ... compiled the stable kernel because of
> >AHA 2940 problems ... and what now ???
> >
> >How can I help to track down the problem ?

I have this problem too. I loaded 2.0.5, loaded the 2.1-stable sources,
and as soon as 2.1-stable code is used (during the make world), it falls
over. A temporary fix it to copy 2.1-current /usr/libexec/* to this machine.

>    I don't know what the problem is - all of the test machines that I have
> -stable on are running perfectly. We're going to have a new snapshot out soon
,
> so perhaps you could use this as a base instead of 2.0.5.
>    Does the above error always happen at the same spot, or is it random? What
> happens when you type 'make' again after the error?

At the same spot for me. I was suspecting memory/cache problems, so far I
have ruled out the cache.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grumble.grondar.za for PGP key